Meet Angela, age 41 and mother of 7, ages 3; 7; 9; 10; 16; 19; and 21. She’s been coming to Homefirst for about 3 years. With a large family to consider, and while her husband was between jobs, her family was going through a major hardship. The pressures of having a newborn with no means of taking care of it and the rest of her kids, Angela desperately searched for options. She shared, “I couldn’t even buy diapers.” In passing one day, a neighbor who was familiar with her situation told her about the support services provided by Homefirst. So with a two-month-old in tow, Angela visited the Support Center. Our staff welcomed Angela and were able to assist her with clothes, pampers, and food. “The staff here are very nice. The center itself is always welcoming. It had a home-like feel,” remarked Angela. She continued her relationship with Homefirst attending movie nights, the Easter Egg Hunts, and whatever activity that was hosted by Homefirst. In describing her experience with Homefirst, she says, “I feel good because they helped me. I feel safe here.”
Ask your friends and family to support your fundraiser for Homefirst. It’s easy.
- Pick a hobby and set a goal such as a 3 mile walk, 5K run, bake cookies, etc.
- Get creative.
- Set-up a team by clicking on “FUNDRAISE” and follow the prompts.
- On your fundraising page, you will see links to Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, What’s App, and email.
- Click on those icons and share your page
- Write a note asking your friends to support your “walk” for Homefirst.
- It’s that easy, and you can share via email, text or social media.